I recently received a new chip-embedded debit card from my bank. Thank God, I didn't have to change my PIN or online password or I would be screwed. I have already forgotten the PIN on my chip Visa, not once but three times! (Hey, they say you're not supposed to write it down, so...)
I believe a perfect storm is coming with these "secure" chip cards. We have a rapidly aging population (the so-called "Silver Tsumani" is on the horizon) and dimensia rates are expected to climb dramatically, if not exponentially. Frankly, that's a lot of PIN codes to forget.
In 25 years will we be wandering around shopping malls wondering how we got there, what we were going to buy, and what our goddam PIN numbers are?! We can thank the banks, who always have our best interests at heart. Not to mention our inaccessible money.
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment