So, the world is supposed to end in 2012. If you can believe the Mayans, Nostradamus, and John Cusack. The Apocalypse, the Great Deluge, the Reckoning. In this case, the great deluge is the number of books being published on this topic, fueling the fire and feeding the frenzy. I saw just a sampling in a recent library journal. And I have the feeling this is just the tip of the (rapidly melting) iceberg.
But I'd like to look on the bright side of the (alleged) coming catastrophe. I think this will be a good chance to weed out some of the crazies who will be gathering on mass in their brand new Nikes for special Kool-Aid parties where, let's just say, no designated drivers will be required.
And if I'm wrong? Well, it simply means I will get out of paying the remainder of my 20-year mortgage. Lemons, lemonade. (Or Kool-aid, depending on your point of view.)
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment